Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Rules of Engagement

I never intended to start blogging. Outside it's below freezing. I've got a cold. It's finals week and I have two papers to finish as well as two finals exams. Most importantly, I have written about 25 pages of an undergraduate thesis on Plato's critique of tragedy in the Laws and the Republic, which has to be complete at a grand total of 60-80 pages by April 30th, 2010. The health and counseling center says that thesising seniors need some balance in their lives. I agree. So I started a blog.

The project is simple: stay sane while writing a senior thesis. The rules are as follows:
  1. No mention of my thesis or thesis topic except in an entry on the date of an actual thesis deadline.
  2. Minimal discussion of work from classes other than my thesis.
  3. Discussion of those things I do not get to creatively or analytically examine in my everyday life due to the general chaos of school, job, etc.
  4. Entries at least once a week to detail my progress in staying sane.
I do not want to be a stressed out ball of frenetic energy. I want to enjoy my life, especially given that this is my last year in college. Ultimately, I think that my thesis will benefit from my decreased stress level.

Thus, the implementation of the rules begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment