|Pancakes with Baking Soda|
- 1 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cups 2% Milk + lemon juice
- 0.66 cup sourdough starter, straight from the refrigerator (not fed)
- 1/3 cup of hydrated rolled oats
Waffle or pancake batter
- all of the overnight sponge
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 egg yoke
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- [0.5 tsp baking soda] optional
- [1 tsp vanilla] optional
The night before eating the pancakes, made the sponge. First distribute the sourdough starter into the milk and then add the flour and sugar. Mix until a batter forms and leave on the counter overnight, covered with plastic wrap or similar. I made the mistake of putting it in the refrigerator, which meant that I ended up having pancakes for lunch instead of breakfast because it was not bubbly and ready.
The pancakes are pretty tasty. I had them with syrup. About 1/4 of the mixture or less made a full lunch for Servia and I, so this recipe is huge. I saved the rest of it for further experimentation. More thoughts to come.
As a preview, tomorrow I bake these lovely croissants. I think I may have made some serious mistakes, so wish me luck. But they look pretty cute!
|Mini Tartine Croissants|