Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Squirrels Might Be Good for Something!

My friends were standing outside the classics building, the other day, discussing the stupidity of squirrels. It's true, I have encountered some fairly idiotic and foolhardy squirrels in my time, but a new article has generated some faith in the little fuzzy beasts. According to the New York Times, Russian scientists claim to have re-germinated and recreated a plant from fruit buried by a squirrel almost 32,000 years ago. I can't wait to see whether the arctic flower will hold up to outside inspection.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered the same thing too! I wonder if the plant is going to do alright in the present age.

    I recently posted about squirrels. We had one living in our dead Christmas tree by the street. It got very involved. Should you have down time and wish to read it, I've pasted it below-- just seemed too strangely a propos not to link to it!

    http://eggton.com/2012/01/29/an-open-letter-to-the-public-works-department-with-breakfast-potatoes/

    Cheers-- glad I stumbled here from another cooking site.

    ReplyDelete