|Three Loaves: Norwich More-Sourdough|
The first three were Susan from Wild Yeast's Norwich More-Sourdough with some modifications:
- I used about 75% whole wheat sourdough starter (just using what I had around)
- I substituted course-ground whole wheat for the course-ground rye
- I added about 50g water (up to 610g) and then splashed in a little extra when the Kitchen Aid didn't seem to like the stiff dough, so maybe up to 640g all together.
- I added in 40g of wheat germ and 10g oat bran
- I also readjusted the timing, because the temperature in my kitchen is 70 degrees F instead of 76 degrees F.
- I added one extra stretch-and-fold during the bulk fermentation
|Spirally loaf (Loaf #1)|
|Crumb of Loaf #1, tight but not bad.|
|Loaf #3 (scoring experiment)|