Friday, April 20, 2012

Oat Bread: A Beautiful Experiment


I was intrigued by an item on Yeast Spotting about two weeks ago and so last weekend, the Oat Bread, so last weekend I made a batch. I added a little extra water. It was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend this bread.
Loaf 1

Loaf 2

Two Beautiful Loaves

Crumb of Loaf 1

The only changes I made was substituting whole wheat starter for rye starter and adding more water. I am making another batch of this bread this weekend. My Homeric Hymns professor rescued my bag and so I need to provide a token of appreciation. This bread, while having the nice hint of oat, is not a super healthy tasting bread (although it has both whole wheat and rolled oats) so I thought it would be universally appreciated. Maybe one of my favorite breads of all time. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment