Almond Poppyseed Muffins
Ingredients1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup butter
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons poppyseeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons slice almonds (optional-- for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare muffin cups with liners or cooking spray, 18 regular size, or 36 mini
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter with sugar, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, beat until well mixed.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, poppyseeds, and salt
- Add butter and egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add milk. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour batter into muffin tin filling cupt to about the half-way point. Sprinkle each muffin with almond slices if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes (regular) or 12 minutes (mini) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out free of batter. Note: the tops will not brown at all so be careful about baking time.