Monday, May 23, 2011

Sourdough Pancakes?

I spent tonight on the first phase of croissants for my class. I forgot the reason I made croissants only once: they're hard. I think I made a whole bunch of mistakes, but I won't find out until I make them on Wednesday.

In order to try to soften the blow in case the croissants didn't work out just right, I made some sourdough pancake batter to try in the morning. I took the recipe from King Arthur Flour and substituted 2% milk plus a teaspoon of lemon juice for the buttermilk. I also added about 1/3 cup of hydrated rolled oats and I will explain the few other modifications I am making in the next post.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're attempting to make croissants. You are very brave, but if anyone can do it, you can! Can't wait to hear about---and see---the results, good luck.

    ReplyDelete