Sunday, March 28, 2010

Proud Parent of Two Sourdough Starters

I am now the proud parent of two sourdough starters:

One is twelve hours older than the other. I was a little apprehensive when i fed it for the first time last night, because the instructions on breadcetera (1) told me throw some out. However, the starter has doubled the size that it was before I tossed some of it out. Crazy.

This was last night



This was this morning!
Anyway, I'm SUPER excited. I cannot wait to try making some sourdough in a week. The real challenge will be the sourdough pizza dough for Cerinthus. He liked the pizza dough last night so much (even though it was underdone) because it was crisp on the bottom and fluffy that I cannot wait to try the recipe on breadcetera (2). Unfortunately, however, I like really thin pizza crust. Once I have perfected the thicker crust maybe we'll alternate between making thin and thick.

On a different note, my thesis draft is due tomorrow at noon. I still have a lot of work to do on it, although I am certainly getting to the place I want to be with it (the draft is around 65 pages and all three chapters appear-- although no introduction and conclusion as of yet).

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope you don't have to deal with sibling rivalry. Good luck withe thesis draft. At the risk of sounding uneducated I must say your blog is really cool. I'm going to make some time next week to read all you've written. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. The real problem is now that I've moved, neither of the siblings like the heat in the desert.

    ReplyDelete