Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jeeves and Wooster

I have been rewatching Jeeves & Wooster with my family since we finished Downton Abbey. I absolutely love Jeeves & Wooster. The writing is incredible and Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry have incredible chemistry I highly recommend it. Laurie plays a vapid British bachelor with an aristocratic inheritance and no ambition, while Fry plays Jeeves, the perfect gentleman's gentleman-- a snobby valet who has a good brain for intrigue. Together they get into-- and out of-- various ridiculous situations.
Jeeves & Wooster: The Complete Series
I also think the books are fabulous. I read a bit of them here and there when I am feeling sad and they cheer me right up. I grew up with the Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus, but I have recently found that some of the stories are up on Project Gutenberg. Check out My Man Jeeves and Right Ho, Jeeves. They are hilarious. I had to stop reading Right Ho, Jeeves while proctoring exams because it made me laugh aloud.
Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus: The Mating Season; the Code of the Woosters; Right Ho, Jeeves

No comments:

Post a Comment