Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Picture Updates for Holiday Recipes (and Reviews), Part II

I tried the Gỏi Cuốn tonight that I talked about in "Touch at Your Own Risk" and updated in the first installment of "Picture Updates for Holiday Recipes (and Reviews)". We are bringing some to a party tomorrow. Here is the review:

They are great! I love salad rolls, so I actually like them plain (we made them with brown rice instead of white rice, so they taste a little more interesting, but I totally forgot the cilantro when I made them). I highly highly recommend them. Also, the peanut sauce is fabulous. I am including the recipe below. I did not really like the spicy sauce, which is funny because I love spice. It's not too hot, it's just not interesting enough. The peanut sauce had a fuller body and more interesting flavors.
Sweet Peanut Sauce from MYOTG. Amazing.
Ingredients
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons sesame oil
20 drops hot sauce, habenero
1/8 teaspoon black pepper.

Directions
Whisk together all the ingredients until a relatively homogeneous mixture (with the exception of the peanut pieces if you are using crunchy peanut butter).

I also made the dough for another batch of Icebox Cookies (the cookies I talked about in "Holiday Spirit is all about Cookies").
After Step 3:
Wet ingredients, beaten fluffy by hand.
 After Step 5:
The dough, ready for refrigeration.
 After Step 6:
Ready to go into the freezer.
I will be making these cookies at some point during the Christmas holidays. It's nice to know that I have something I can have ready in 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment