Friday, April 29, 2011

(Almost) Whole Wheat Country Bread with Toasted Flax Seeds

Finally I am beginning to feel better and my math test is over. So, I am making more bread.

I have been making the Tartine loaves for a while now. With the exception of a problem last week (which I am looking into), I have had a lot of success with it. So I decided to try making it with toasted flax seeds. Flax seeds are awesome. I have a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol and taking flax oil or eating flax seeds helps keep it down. Furthermore, toasted flax seeds have a wonderful nutty flavor. So I decided to incorporate about 1/3 of a cup of toasted flax seeds into my 70% whole wheat loaf. I posted the recipe here. I will post pictures when it comes out of the oven tomorrow morning.
Near the Last Turn
 One of my sheets ripped recently. We washed it and cut it up and I floured it and used it to line the loaf pan that served as the proofing basket for this bread. My shaping technique is still rather poor, especially when forming batards.
Bread Proofing

Update 04/30/11: Bread came out fairly well. Updates here.
Lovely Crust

No comments:

Post a Comment