Monday, April 4, 2011

The End of "The Stone"

"The Stone," which was one of the things that really drew me into the New York Times, has finished its run. It was a set of philosophy professors from various universities discussing philosophy in the modern world. Sadly, my love of the New York Times as well is quickly disappearing because of their new pay-to-subscribe policy. I fully understand that the New York Times is a business that needs to support itself in order to provide high quality reporting, but it also acts in some ways as a public service. There should be some way to do both, but I cannot think of it (and clearly they can't either).

As such, I have replaced the RSS feed on the right side of my page, under the Google search bar, with the list of podcasts from Melvyn Bragg's "In Our Time." The podcasts are fun and informative, even if Bragg is sometimes a bit of an arrogant jerk toward his guests. Enjoy!
In Our Time

No comments:

Post a Comment